Dear English Lovers, Let's study If
Conditional
Please Watch the video below.
If
Conditional
1. What actually happens
2. What could happen
3. What we wish would happen
4. What might have happened
If I get
sick, I go to the
doctor. (0 conditional)
If get
sick, I will go to
the doctor. (1st conditional)
If got
sick, I would go to
the doctor. (2nd conditional)
If I had
been sick, I would have
gone to the doctor. (3rd conditional)
If (conjunction)
I ate an apple
and two desserts
I like it but
I don’t want it.
I’ll do it if
you drive me to cinema later.
If I
got sick, I would go to the doctor.
(If Clause)
(Result Clause)
If I
got sick - it must be happened
(0 zero conditional) – The factual conditional
If + Subject
+ PRESENT SIMPLE, Subject
+ PRESENT SIMPLE
It talks about:
-
habits
-
facts
-
truths
We can’t argue
with these above.
If you put ice
in your drink, it melts – fact
1st conditional
If get
sick, I will go to
the doctor. (1st conditional)
It talks possibility
or it is likely to come
If + Subject
+ PRESENT SIMPLE, Subject
+ will + VERB infinitive
If it’s
hot tomorrow, I’ll go
for a swim at the beach.
If you
join the Lingoda Language Sprint, you will get lots of English speaking practice!
***
Imagine present situation is different
(2nd conditional)
– unreal situation
(imagine different present)
If got
sick, I would go to the doctor.
– the fact I am not sick so I don’t go to the
doctor
If + Subject
+ PAST SIMPLE, Subject
+ would + VERB infinitive
If I had more money,
I would buy a boat.
In
spoken:
I’d
he’d
you’d
they’d
3rd
Conditional - Past unreal conditional
If I had
been sick, I would have
gone to the doctor. (3 conditional)
*** imagine different past
If
+ Subject + PAST PERFECT, Subject + wold have + PAST Participle
If we had looked at the weather report,
we would have syated home!
If I had known you were visiting,
I would have made time to see you!.
Reference:
Emma, “English Conditional Sentences with
examples, English Confidence Coach (Youtube)
Teacher: Nani Kusmiyati, S.Pd., M.M.
Comments
Post a Comment